We are green!
The nature of our business is green. Re-using networking equipment saves E-waste. In addition, we are making many efforts to conserve natural resources by reusing and recycling materials, purchasing recycled materials, and using recyclable packaging and other materials as much as we can.
We are proud to comply with the European waste directives; RoHS and WEEE
- On 1 January 2006, the packaging, paper and cardboard management Decree (Packaging Decree) came into effect. Alturna Networks packaging policy is in compliance with this decree.
- We provide a safe and healthy workplace and ensure that our personnel is well trained and has appropriate safety equipment.
Alturna Networks WEEE Compliance Statement
Alturna Networks is proud and committed to comply with the European directives imposed on manufacturers and importers as stipulated by the WEEE Management Decree (2002/96/EG). Through our membership of ICT Environment (ICT Milieu in Dutch) we are able to provide a safe and environmentally-friendly way to recycle discarded electric and electronic equipment. Through participating in the ICT collection system we meet the statutory requirements which the government imposes on us.
ICT Environment organises following for Alturna Networks:
- collective notification to the Ministry for Housing, Spatial Planning and the Environment (VROM)
- nationwide collection of discarded electric and electronic equipment through Sims Mirec
- environmentally-friendly recycling based on the best techniques available
- the financial and administrative organization
- the annual monitoring and reporting to the Ministry for Housing, Spatial Planning and the Environment
The core of the WEEE Management Decree and Regulation is that the manufacturer/importer is responsible for the collection and recycling of discarded equipment which he brought onto the Dutch market.
Reduction on the use of hazardous substances RoHS
Reduction on the use of hazardous substances RoHS (2005/95/EG). As from 1 July 2006, ICT equipment may no longer contain the following hazardous substances:
- hexavalent chromium
This ban applies to equipment which is brought onto the European market after 1 July 2006. Alturna Networks is a trading company. Therefore our RoHS compliancy statement is based on the individual statements of the manufacturers we trade.
Do you need to dispose of your obsolete network equipment or want to turn your excess stock in working capital? This is how Alturna Networks can help:
- Alturna Networks is experienced in the re-marketing of network equipment and can help you to get the best value.
- We can offer quick cash for your products or can offer you great trade-in value.
- We can relieve you from the logistic headaches and provide you with appropriate packing materials.
- We can help you onsite to verify the specifications of your equipment, test and pack.
- We buy in any quantities, large or small.